Non-biased recommendation

Dave24

Some motors start well with pull start. Decompressors help too. Practice in a hang test I guess. I love my leccy start with it's 465 gramme battery though.

Go DAVE. Hardly any failed launches is phenominal. I've had sh*t loads of em. Good for you. Let's meet for a fly so i can take some tips. No I mean it. The day you stop learning, in this game, is a bad day !

Dave G

I would love to come down to your neck of the woods for a fly Dave, its a bit of a run for me as I am in essex, we will have to pick a time when we know we are in for a spell of good weather.

PS: I think my lauch success is probably more due to my wing being a dhv1/2 beginners wing, wich to launch is childs play.

Safe flying

Dave.

• 1 year later...

I have two main thoughts about buying Paramotors.

Buy new - You should get a warranty.

Buy from a UK manufacturer, or at least a UK supplier that gives good after-sales support.

You want to be able to take it back to them to get them to fix it if you have a problem.

Shipping a paramotor to Spain and waiting 2 months to get it back isn't much fun.

All the best

Dave (Flat-Top),

Perhaps you could just let me know if you found your paramotor:

1. Was reliable

2. Had an electric start

3. Was light or heavy (compared to other people's motors)

4. Was fuel efficient (typically how many hours?)

5. Had a strong cage

It's yours and other people's opinions I'm interested in.

Dave

Hi

I fly with a bailey v3

1. Was reliable.... It has been very reliable I have only had one forced landing in two years and 60 ish hours and that was about a month ago...

2. Had an electric start...... Yes

3. Was light or heavy (compared to other people's motors)..... Heavey ESP on light wind days. But compare it to a big two strokes full of fuel then about the same but the bailey has loads more range!!!!

4. Was fuel efficient (typically how many hours?) I am around 72kg/75kg and i burn about 2.5LTR'S per hour ona fusion 26 (not a beginer wing) unless you have paragliding exp..... It's my first ppg wing and love it

5. Had a strong cage.... I have not crashed mine but i have fallen twice one very minor ding in frame....

The other thing you have to ask yourself is budget.... how much do you want to spend???

Also if you buy a two stroke work out roughly how many hours you think you will fly and work out the fuel cost. At the moment i think i will be flying about 50 hours this year @ 3ltr's per hour... mine works out about £210 per 50 hours but a 2 stroke for the same time @7ltr's and hour is £490 plus 2 stroke oil... and that is not cheap. FUEL @£1.40 per LTR

Also a good thing to think about is WHEN its goes wrong and it WILL how far do you have to travel to get it fixed? do you have to send it away abroad£££££££.

Pete,

Surely that depends on wing and prop size

I am 85kg in birthday suit and fly a Nucleon 29 on a Miniplane top 80 125cm prop.

In still conditions I stay level at 2/3 power with trims fully out (slightly less with my 130cm prop)

My PAP top 80 provides similar results.

I love the top 80 :D

Pete,

Surely that depends on wing and prop size

I am 85kg in birthday suit and fly a Nucleon 29 on a Miniplane top 80 125cm prop.

In still conditions I stay level at 2/3 power with trims fully out (slightly less with my 130cm prop)

My PAP top 80 provides similar results.

I love the top 80 :D

I stand corrected :oops::lol: