Newbie looking for flying mates!!!

hammertime

Dear All,

I have just become a new member to this sport and to this forum.

Having just completed a 10 day course out in Portugal I am looking forward to some local flying. I am picking up my kit at the Splash show next week.

I would like to know of any other pilots in the Cheshire and Lancashire areas that I could tag along to.

I am also a farmer! I therefore have my own site which I would like to offer to any other local pilots (In exchange for a few tips and pointers on my techniques etc!!!!)

I look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome Hammertime,

You will get a flow of guys wishing you well soon and probably a couple at least to fly with. Your perspectives as a farmer will be really valuable and the offer of flying fields for the lucky ones will go down really well. We would all be fascinated to hear how your Portugal trip went and more to the point, WHERE you went. With this s*****g weather being what it is ....

I have a 10 acre field of my own that will be a suitable site for this time of year. I have also got the option to use some of my mates fields. In the summer months, a lot more land will be available.

I haven't flown from home yet as I don't pick up my gear until next week at the show. I have gone for a Bailey 175 and a Synth 34.

I managed to get 5 flights done during my training. Each of about 45 mins each.

Where are you from?

ALL,

There is a box in your profile that says, (location) or similar...

Why not fill it in and then we can all hook up with ease.

Welcome Hammer Time! The name made me laugh :lol:

You cant touch this!

SW :D

welcome to the sport ... it's good you done your traing elsewhere i'm still waiting the weather to get better to start properly.

If you fancy meeting up soon pm me as i live only down the road literally and would be good to start doing things nearer home as have to go to the other end of the world to play.

You'd be suprised how many will come out the woodwork.

Good choice of sport too 8)

Hi Hammertime. I'm another Cheshire pilot crawling out of the woodwork :lol: . I live in Chester. I am also looking for flying mates and sites. I hope to get my written exams out of the way this weekend or next (I've already completed the BHPA CP tasks). Once I do that, I'll have insurance cover to fly independantly. I would love to meet up with you guys. Perhaps we could get something like the Lemmings club going here in the North West. Apart from the odd hang glider and a few microlights, there doesnt seem to be much ariel activity around here.

Hi Hammertime. I'm another Cheshire pilot crawling out of the woodwork :lol: . I live in Chester. I am also looking for flying mates and sites. I hope to get my written exams out of the way this weekend or next (I've already completed the BHPA CP tasks). Once I do that, I'll have insurance cover to fly independantly. I would love to meet up with you guys. Perhaps we could get something like the Lemmings club going here in the North West. Apart from the odd hang glider and a few microlights, there doesnt seem to be much ariel activity around here.

Hi Nirmal,

I have sent you a PM with some details. Its good to find someone who sounds like they are at the same stage as myself.

Regards

Chris

Hello,

Haven't logged on for a bit, glad to see there's been some cheshire action. I live at Lymm so not far from Mr. Hammertime. I've done hill flying in the UK and abroad and also have a motor. Kind of lost the momentum with the motoring after just a couple of short flights mainly due to weather, waterlogged field, temptation to hill fly instead and general scaredy catness.

Have been in touch with Meds, let me know next time you're out, even if just to come down and have a chat rather than flying.

HTime hope you picked up your gear OK at the weekend. Hopefully catch up soon.