Getting permission

GaryPH

Hey guys!

Hope you are all well and enjoying the damp wet, windy weather…. 😐

in readiness for me being able to fly, (currently dating dates in with Simon), how is the best way to get farmers permission to fly?

I’ve been emailing those fams, that are away from built up areas and pylons and looking only for nice flat grassy land. With no livestock. So far, not even a reply to say “No, Sorry”.

Are we hated or is just a case of keep trying? 
.ga. 

Email is a waste of time, you`ll just get ignored.

Face to face is the way to go and a contact within the farm or other connection with the landowner goes a long, long way to getting permission.

Knock on doors/visit the farms or keep an eye out for when you might see someone working in the fields.

It can be very difficult to find somewhere to fly from...

• Like 1

You have to keep trying. It is one of the bugbears of finding something, preferably local.

My tale was quite interesting, apart from the losing permission in the first place.

I lost permission on a field I had used for 3 and a half years, due mainly to the owner passing on and the family not wanting the 'hassle', plus a few silly complaints from houses 150m away on a main road.
I felt bereft as I didn't have another field so toured around to find something.

I even approached the local golf club, after all they have loads of flat open spaces. I spoke with the club secretary, a very helpful woman who knew the area. I explained what I needed but when asked if it would be ongoing I received a no. However she did say if I had connections within MI5 I might have had more luck. When Boris Johnson was PM MI5 contacted the club and told them that Boris's helicopter would be landing at the club.

She did however suggest a landowner who keeps a few horses not far away. I replied that paramotors and horses don't mix but called in to the place anyway. When I explained what was needed he said 'oh how about that field over there', turned out it was a field i had had my eye on for a long time. Closer to home as well, bonus.