Ozone Roadster

All,

just surfing around and saw this. It's a PPG wing so should be here somewhere, introducing the Ozone Roadster.

The Roadster is for a wide range of intermediate and advanced paramotor pilots who want a reinsuring amount of stability and a good cruising speed. The Roadster’s OZRP Technology (Ozone Reflex Profile) means that it is more stable in accelerated flight than a normal free-flight wing.

Special attention was put into the launching characteristics of the Roadster. The inflation is smooth and constant in any wind speed, and the wing comes up directly overhead without shooting in high winds or lagging behind in no wind, all of which means that your time will be spent enjoying your flight, not struggling with your launch.

The Roadster can also be flown without a motor. Its sink rate is low enough to soar in light lift, thermal in all conditions, and fly cross country. Although it is designed for pilots who fly majority (if not exclusively) under power, the Roadster performs excellently unpowered as well.

We hope that Intermediate and Advanced pilots will appreciate the easy launches, stable flights, and the high top speeds of this wing, which is designed to allow you to enjoy the flight without worrying about your wing.

SW :D

All,

just surfing around and saw this. It's a PPG wing so should be here somewhere, introducing the Ozone Roadster.

The Roadster is for a wide range of intermediate and advanced paramotor pilots who want a reinsuring amount of stability and a good cruising speed. The Roadster’s OZRP Technology (Ozone Reflex Profile) means that it is more stable in accelerated flight than a normal free-flight wing.

Special attention was put into the launching characteristics of the Roadster. The inflation is smooth and constant in any wind speed, and the wing comes up directly overhead without shooting in high winds or lagging behind in no wind, all of which means that your time will be spent enjoying your flight, not struggling with your launch.

The Roadster can also be flown without a motor. Its sink rate is low enough to soar in light lift, thermal in all conditions, and fly cross country. Although it is designed for pilots who fly majority (if not exclusively) under power, the Roadster performs excellently unpowered as well.

We hope that Intermediate and Advanced pilots will appreciate the easy launches, stable flights, and the high top speeds of this wing, which is designed to allow you to enjoy the flight without worrying about your wing.

Simon,

I have a friend over in Canada who has the Ozone Roadster. He said that he experienced a lot of roll when he flew it. He has sold it now ( Owned it for 3 months )

P.

P,

I have heard of this before on other forums, they claim to have this problem solved now by changing the lines / length and thickness. :D

Has anyone had a go on one that can inform us a little more?

I had one to test last year when I was looking for a new wing.

Really nice wing to ground handle and very easy to launch but....

I found the roll oscillations a right pain - you no sooner damped one out before another would set in again. Dont get me wrong they werent anything serious I just found them annoying and a bit distracting as you seemed to end up concentrating at timing the roll and braking to damp them out.

I understand Ozone were claiming to have sorted it with a different line set as there had been quite a few similar reports - pity they hadn't sorted the problem before they started flogging them!

I ended up trying and buying a Revolution. Maybe not quite as easy to handle on the ground as the Roadster but a whole lot better in the air.

Hope that helps

Jacko

I have tested the first roadster with the roll ??? and also have tested the one with the new line set up all I can say about it is that I PERSONALLY did not like the wing when I flew it it in moderate wind conditions it was trying to tuck all the time and it was all over the place.. I flew the same conditions the same day back to back with the wing that I normally fly which is a Skywalk Scotch and allthough it was not a nice flight I felt safe on it >>>which is not the case when I flew the roadster in fact my friends who were watching me when I was on the roadster said that it was the worst flight they had seen (since the ones at the homegrown festival 2006 which were in rotor) ... it felt that bad as well ...they said that the wing would kill me if I continued to fly it ....so it went back ..the dealer said it must be my style of flying that did not suit the wing and sugested that I did not know what I was doing ?? I pointed out that I had found out the roll fault on the first wing ???? just for the record I have flown around 10 different wings 4 different paramotors. have been flying paramotors for 5 years and microlights 10 years so I must have learnt something about the way things fly and feel in the air !! :? any way for what its worth thats my opinion maybe not what anybody else finds with the wing but if you do test fly it make sure your reserve has been serviced ?????????and best of luck :shock:

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your comments, just a though that popped into my head :idea:

Is your Scotch a Reflex wing?

If not, were you 'activly flying' the roadster with the brakes? Not suggesting any doubt in your comments juist a thought as I say.....

I have heard of this now a few times, but in the name of open forum, as many people have told me it's sorted and the roadster is a great wing....

Ho hum.......

Good point !! :)

The Scotch is not a reflex wing and so you do need to fly it active

however I flew the roadster throughout the trim range but without speed bar when there was no reflex i found it a lot more unstable than the Scotch in the same wind when reflex was added it still stayed unstable but as you would expect very hard on the brakes to make it turn even with a high degree of weight shift ( I Fly a Pap Ros 125 ) so I can !!!! but with reflex added the front was trying to tuck ?? as well ....I found it very hard to control as it was pitching and rolling violently ?? so I suppose I was using the brakes a bit to try and control the wing.... the wind was a bit gusty and between 12 - 18 mph ...

I also have used a Revolution in similar conditions all be it not on the same day and that wing (in my opinion) is in a different class its far better and did not worry or scare me .. the way the roadster did......as I say this is only my opinion of the wing so go ahead and try it but when the wind picks up a bit just be carefull on it !!!! it seemed ok to ground handle !! if you want to do that with a wing ? and ok when the wind was light..... but there is a lot better wings out there .......and I did walk away from the experience just.... :shock: