which make is best

malc

Hi, I am going to take up paramotoring this year.( I,ve had 1 lesson)

Could someone advise on the favourite and least favourite makes of motor and wing.

I live in S. Yorkshire, weigh 80kg and would consider new or used gear.

Anybody got an old wing/harness going cheap for ground practice?

thanks in antisipation,

malc.

Edited by Guest

Hi, I am going to take up paramotoring this year.( I,ve had 1 lesson)

Could someone advise on the favourite and least favourite makes of motor and wing.

I live in S. Yorkshire, weigh 80kg and would consider new or used gear.

Anybody got an old wing/harness going cheap for ground practice?

thanks in antisipation,

malc.

Hi malc, welcome to the site and the addictive world of paramotoring, when it comes to wings as a beginner you will want to look for something with either a DHV1 rating or DHV1/2 rating, if you can try and find a wing wich has been manufatured specificaly for paramotoring rather than a paraglider, you will need to think about your all up wieght when deciding wich size wing to choose, if you are looking to buy a wing to fly, rather than just ground handle then i would get the motor sorted first, that way you will know your all up wieght and can buy a wing accordingly.

BTW unless the wing is practicaly new make sure you get an inspection certificate with it.

as for motors, well theres a rake of them available, some are crap and some are more crap than others but there are some real nice machines on the market and things are improving, PAP have a good reputation, as does parajet, at your wieght you wont need anything too powerfull, I would look at machines of around 125cc upwards, the PAP Ros 125 is a nice machine, infact your namesake on here flies one, keep an eye on ebay and maybe put a wanted add on this site and others.

thanks, all info welcome.

Any brand names for wings?

When it comes to wings look for something wich is considered a beginners wing, I did and I think I made the right desicion, when you first start flying, before you actions become second nature, you need time to think about what you should be doing, a slow docile wing will give you that time and bit of breathing space to really learn how to fly, my wing is fast enough for me at my stage and is so stable when landing I hardly have to flare at all, a good beginners wing will give you the confidence you need to progress.

Dudek, paramania, sting etc are all good names

you can check the technical spec of most wings on the link below

http://www.para2000.org/wings/

if you find a wing that you think may suit your needs then you can always ask here for any opinions on it, I am sure someone here will either own or have owned one.

Hi Malc, as l have just PM'd you about the wing, just to add that it can be flown as a PPG wing but idealy it is a PG wing but for ground handling it would be good for you. It has remained at about 40 hours use as l have mainly used my synth or the revo. I am in no rush to sell it but if you want it, its yours.

Mike